- M-Sport Limited (referred to in this document as ‘M-Sport’) understands the accountability which it has for data protection, and makes a commitment that it will take a responsible approach towards the protection of all of the data that it holds, in order to meet its legal obligations.
- This Policy outlines how M-Sport will look after your personal data, and contains information about your privacy rights. It applies to information that M-Sport collects in relation to customers, suppliers, and website users.
- M-Sport Limited, Dovenby Hall, Dovenby, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 0PN is the controller and is responsible for personal data held/processed by M-Sport. (Company registered in England and Wales, Registered Number: 2105112)
- It is important that any personal data which M-Sport holds about you is accurate and up to date. Please provide updates if your personal data changes at any point in the future.
The Types of Personal Data That M-Sport May Collect About You
- Personal data means any information about a living individual from which that person can be identified, or is identifiable.
- M-Sport may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which has been grouped together as follows:
- Identity data – includes first name, last name, title, date of birth, gender.
- Contact data – includes home/business addresses, invoicing/delivery addresses, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial data – includes bank account information and payment card details.
- Transaction data – includes details of products/services that you have purchased from, or sold to M-Sport; together with details of associated payments.
- Marketing & Communications data – includes your preferences about marketing/ communications.
- Technical data – includes IP address, login information, browser type and version.
- Profile data – includes your username, password, purchase history, and user preferences.
- M-Sport does not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you, nor does it collect any Criminal Convictions and Offences Data about you.
How Is Your Personal Data Collected
- There are various methods of obtaining personal data, which include:
- Direct Interaction – You may provide your data to M-Sport by filling in forms, or corresponding by phone, email, or post. This includes data you provide when you:
- Purchase products/services from M-Sport;
- Supply products/services to M-Sport;
- Create a website account;
- Request marketing or other information regarding news/offers to be sent to you.
- Automated Technologies & Interaction – As you interact with the M-Sport website(s) cookies and server logs may automatically collect technical data about your equipment. Cookies are small pieces of information sent to your device and stored on its hard drive to allow the website to recognise you when you visit. The cookies which are used on the m-sportstore.com website are listed below:
- _session_id – This allows M-Sport to store information about your session identifier; it does not contain personal information.
- _shopify_visit – This is a persistent cookie which lasts for 30 minutes from the last visit. It is used by the website providers’ internal stats tracker to recover the number of visits to the website.
- _shopify_uniq – This counts the number of visits to the store by a single customer. It does not store personal information and uses the session ID cookie for verification.
- _cart_sig – This is used to store information about your shopping cart on the website. It is persistent for 2 weeks after an item is added to your cart.
- _secure_session_id – This is used to determine if the current visitor has access. It is stored indefinitely if the user is logged in with a password.
- Website Users are advised that M-Sport website(s) may include links to third party websites/plug-ins. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. M-Sport does not control these third party websites and is not responsible for their Privacy statements.
The Reasons Why M-Sport Will Use Your Personal Data
- M-Sport will only process your personal data when one of the following lawful basis applies:
- Contract – to enable M-Sport to fulfil a contract which it has with you;
- Legal obligation – to enable M-Sport to comply with the law;
- Legitimate interests – where M-Sport’s legitimate interests (or those of a 3rd party) require your personal data to be processed. (It should be noted that in such situations M-Sport is legally required to consider & balance any potential impact on you [both positive & negative], and your rights, before it processes your data using this lawful basis.)
- Vital interests – where there is a need to protect someone’s life;
- Consent – where you have given your clear consent to process your data for a specific purpose. It should be noted that where consent has been used as the lawful basis for processing your personal data, that you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
What M-Sport Will Use Your Personal Data For
- M-Sport may process your personal data for the purpose(s) of:
- Registering you as a new customer, supplier, business contact, or website user;
- Supplying products/services to you;
- Purchasing products/services from you;
- Administering and managing our business relationship with you on an on-going basis;
- Corresponding and communicating with you;
- Providing you with details of news/offers which you have requested to receive;
- Administering and protecting M-Sport’s business and website(s);
- Providing data to authorities, in compliance with M-Sport’s legal obligations;
- Complying with any requests from you in connection with you exercising your rights.
- M-Sport aims to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing & promotional activities /offers. You will only receive marketing communications from M-Sport if you have requested such information, or have recently purchased related products/services. If you wish to opt out of receiving any such communications please contact email@example.com, or click the ‘unsubscribe’ button on the email communication received.
Disclosures Of Your Personal Data
- M-Sport may share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Internal Third Parties – which means the associated companies defined at the start of this policy, i.e. M-Sport Poland Sp. z o.o; and MS-RT (M-Sport Road Technology).
External Third Parties – such as the following:
- Service providers acting as processors who provide IT & system administration;
- Service providers such as couriers so they can deliver your purchases;
- Professional service providers such as auditors/insurers/lawyers/bankers so they may provide professional services to M-Sport;
- HM Revenue & Customs and other such legal authorities.
- M-Sport requires all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and treat it in accordance with the law.
- M-Sport generally transfers personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) only in very limited circumstances. If & whenever this occurs, the transfer of the personal data will always have a pre-determined lawful basis, and M-Sport will ensure that a similar degree of protection is afforded to any data which is transferred.
- M-Sport has put in place appropriate technical, organisational, & security measures to support the effective protection of your personal data.
- M-Sport will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- In some cases you can ask M-Sport to delete your data, please see ‘request erasure’ in the section below.
Your Legal Rights
- In certain circumstances you may ask for your personal data to be removed from M-Sport’s systems. Unless there is a legal reason for M-Sport to continue to process your personal data for longer, then M-Sport will normally make reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
- As a data subject you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction of the personal data that is held about you;
- Request erasure of your personal data where there is no good reason for it to continue to be processed;
- Object to processing of your data if you believe the ‘legitimate interest’ under which is it being processed impacts on your fundamental rights & freedoms;
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data;
- Request the transfer of your personal data to a third party;
- Withdraw your consent at any time where consent is being relied upon to process your personal data.
- If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For Further Information Or To Raise Any Queries/ Concerns
- For further information, or to raise any queries/concerns about how your personal information is being handled please contact:
M-Sport Limited, Dovenby Hall, Dovenby, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 0PN
Telephone: 01900 828888
- You are also advised that you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), which is the UK Supervisory Authority for data protection issues (ico.org). M-Sport would however appreciate the opportunity to deal with any concerns that you have before you approach the ICO, so please contact email@example.com in the first instance.
Date of Issue: 25th May 2018